Collection of personal data
Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm collects data and process data when you use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm website
Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm collects your data so that we can:
- Create aggregated statistics on how our website has been used
- Remember your preferences
How do we store your data?
Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm securely stores your data at datacentres located in Western Europe.
If you have sent us an email, Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm will keep your name and email address in our correspondence archive. Please refer to our Cookies policy to see how long we keep various cookies (retention period).
Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm can share your data with associated shareholder companies.
Information when data is collected
When personal data is collected by Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm, the person providing his/her personal data will receive information about:
- Which Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm company is responsible for the processing of personal data
- For what purpose and legal ground the personal data is collected, and what interest Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm has in matters where the processing is based on legitimate interests
- Who is the recipient of the personal data and any transfers to third countries
- Contact information to the data controller and data protection officer His/her rights in connection with the processing performed
- The right to withdraw consent and to file complaints to the supervisory authority
- Information required for the person providing his/her personal data to be able to exercise his/her rights
- How long the data is stored
If you consider the information to be unclear or incomplete, please contact Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm for complete information.
Objectives and legal grounds for processing
Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm only collects personal data for objectives supported by the applicable data protection regulation. The purpose can for example be to perform a service, such as mailing of newsletters requested or subscribed for by the person concerned, where the grounds for processing personal data is the fulfilment of an agreement. For other purposes Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm may process personal data based on its legitimate interests. Such purposes can, for example, be to perform statistics and analysis.
It is also possible to actively consent to certain processing of personal data. A given consent can be withdrawn at any time. Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm will then cease the processing of personal data encompassed by the withdrawn consent.
Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm does not process personal data for reasons that are incompatible with the original purpose. Further information regarding the purposes for which the personal data is used is provided when the personal data is collected, such as when an email form is filled out.
Access to personal data
Only those who need access to the personal data in order to perform the agreed services are authorized to access and manage the personal data. Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm has engaged several subcontractors who process personal data to various degrees and they apply the same requirements on the processing as Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm applies internally.
Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm does not store personal data longer than necessary. The personal data is permanently erased when it is no longer required. This applies, for example, when an issue has been resolved or when a contractual relationship has been terminated and the parties’ balances have been finalized. However, some data may need to be retained thereafter, such as data used for statistics or as required under the bookkeeping act.
What are your data protection rights?
Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Right of access
Each user is entitled to receive information about and to what extent his/her personal data is being processed by Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm. If such personal data is stored by Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm, the affected person may request information of i.a. which category of personal data is being processed, from where the data was collected, for which purpose(s) the processing takes place, which legal ground the processing covers, storage time and with whom the data is shared. Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm will send an answer to the address where the person is being registered within one month from having received the request.
Right to rectification
Each user is entitled to request rectification of his/her own personal data that is incorrect or being processed in violation of applicable law. Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm is required to take such measures.
Right to erasure
Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm erases personal data when there is no legal ground for keeping the data. Your personal data can be erasure if any of the following is true:
- The processing is based solely on consent which is withdrawn
- The data is no longer required for the purposes for which they are being processed
- The processing is done for direct marketing and the person opposes the processing of the personal data
- The data is not processed in accordance with the GDPR
- The person opposes processing that takes place based on balance of interests, and Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm´s legitimate interest does not outweigh the person’s own interest
- Erasure is required in order to comply with a legal obligation
If data is erased upon request, Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm undertakes to inform any third party with whom Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm has shared the personal data.
Right to portability
Each user who has his/her personal data stored by Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm is entitled to request his/her data in a generally used and machine-readable format for transfer to another party, for example.
Right to restriction of processing
Processing of personal data may be restricted upon request by an affected person or upon initiative by the data controller. Restriction means that the personal data will be marked so that it, in the future, may only be processed for specific purposes. The right to restriction applies for example during the time when the processing of personal data is being investigated.
Right to object
If Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm processes personal data based on balancing of interests as a ground, it is possible to object to the processing. In order to do so it must be specified which processing the objection regards. Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm must show that there are legitimate interests outweighing the interest of the individual in order to continue processing his/her personal data.
We do not sell your data and we will not use your data in any direct marketing. However, if you consent to Marketing cookies, your browsing on our site may be used by third party services to make their advertising more relevant to your interests. You can change your consent at any time.
Right to compensation
It is possible to claim compensation, for example if Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm’s processing of personal data violates the GDPR and has led to damages to the person in question. Claims can be made directly to Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm.
Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm undertakes specific physical, technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data being processed so that no data is lost, destroyed, manipulated or made available to unauthorized parties. The measures aim to achieve a sufficient level of security considering the technical capabilities available. Changes in personal data are recorded continuously in order to ensure that traceability exists in all changes of the data that occur.
Personal data breaches are always handled in accordance with an internal process and are, in relevant cases, reported to the Information Commissioner’s Office and to the individual in accordance with the rules set out in the GDPR. If you suspect a potential personal data breach, please contact Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm (see contact information below).
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Call us on (+47) 22 34 10 00
Or write to us:
Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm
Att. Data protection officer Andreas Bjørbakk Alnæs
P.O. Box 1159 Sentrum
0107 OSLO, Norway
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioners Office in writing:
Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Muir Mhòr Offshore Wind Farm takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.